Quick Easy RV Service Tips
- Check the roof! Take the time to inspect the roof of your camper to ensure there are no voids around vent caps. This will reduce the risk of leaks later and keep your warranty in place. American Family RV offers Free Roof Inspections.
- Inspect the Seams. Make sure all seams are sealed and there is no cracking. This will again reduce the risk of finding leaks later that may cause water damage and due the contraction and expansion during the hot and cold seasons this is a common issue.
- Prior to hitting the road, always check tire pressure. A lot of campers sit for periods of time and there is always a risk of loosing pressure in the tire. Take the few minutes rather than the head ache of being on the side of the road.
- Check the Running Lights. Even if you do not plan to be on the road when lights are important, you never know when a storm will brew and those lights ensure the safety of you, your camper and everyone else on the road by seeing the camper.
- Keep a lock for your latch pin to keep your camper secured and locked on the ball of the hitch. A simple bolt will work.
- Ensure the break away cable is secure but not too tight. The break away will trigger the electric brakes to lock and so it must be secure but if it is too tight you run the risk of it pulling on the brakes when going down the road.